Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Liebster Award

I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely Mina of anibblebit-http://anibblebit.blogspot.co.uk/.
I was also nominated by Holly of  http://littlemisswheely.blogspot.co.uk/







I was really surprised that I'd been nominated, so thank you very much Mina and Holly!
If you're not sure what the Liebster award is, it's an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. The word 'Liebster' is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely,  kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.  The award can only be given to blogs with under 200 followers, so it's a good way to get to know smaller blogs. I think it's a great idea and I'm really happy to be nominated.

As part of the 'rules' you have to answer 11 questions set by the blogger that nominated you, and then nominate 11 blogs of your choice and set them 11 questions to answer. 


I thought I'd be here a while if I answered 22 questions, so I'll just answer some of each set, if that makes sense! 

1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I've always been interested in makeup, and love to read, and always liked to read blogs, so it seemed like a fun idea to start my own. I also used to write a lot of poems and stories, but I haven't for ages; however I wanted to carry on writing in some way, so blogging seemed ideal!

2. What is your favorite genre of music, and artist of that genre?
I'm not really sure how I'd describe my music tastes, but I guess it's probably alternative, or kind of folksy.  I like Avalanche City, Noah and the Whale, Young the Giant, Lucy Rose, Missy Higgins and The Lumineers. 

3. What would be the first thing you did if you won the lottery?
hmmm....tricky. Probably go out and buy lots of clothes books and makeup, then persuade my parents to let me get a horse, then put the rest in the bank!

4. What was the first make up product you ever bought?
Mascara, when I was in year 9, when I was about 13.

5.Who is your favourite youtuber?
Sammie, of Beautycrush

6. What do you like to do in your free time?
In my spare time I like to blog, obviously! I also go horse-riding on weekends and I like to read, listen to music and play my tenor horn. 

7. Favorite vacation destination?
This is tricky! I love Scotland, but we went to Iceland last year and it was AMAZING so I guess I'd have to say that.

8. If you could be any profession you wanted, what would you be, and why?
I have no idea what I want to work as, but a dream job would definitely be designing playmobil as I loved playing with them when I was younger and it would be great to design my own.

9. In three words, describe yourself in three words?
Weird, Sarcastic, Kind

10.What is your fashion staple?
Jeans 

11.What is/was your favourite subject at school?
I love Art and English.

I'd like to nominate these people for the award:

Ruby- redrubyross.blogspot.com
Connie- connielovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
Laura- lauraann-xo.blogspot.co.uk
Nicola- ncolesnotes.blogspot.co.uk
Millie- millierosemake-up.blogspot.co.uk
Zoe- nuggetstumpblog.wordpress.com
Beth- bethht.blogspot.com
Andrea- andreaolarte.blogspot.com
Sophie- misssophierose.blogspot.com
Stephie- dearstephiiie.blogspot.ca
Ayesha- definingayesha.blogspot.in

And the questions I'd like to ask you all are:

If you could only use one makeup item (i.e.mascara) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Would you like to move to a different country at some point in the future? If so, which?
What is/what your favourite subject at school?
What's your favourite food?
When did you start wearing makeup?
Do you have any pets?
What do you do to relax?
What is your favourite makeup brand?
Favourite band?
Favourite film?
Favourite book?

Thankyou again Mina and Holly :)


Helen x
P.S sorry it's taken me so long to do this!





7 comments:

  1. Thank you Helen for nominating me! Your blog is super cute ^^
    Here is a link to my answers: http://dearstephiiie.blogspot.ca/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    Thanks xoxo

    Stephy ♥ http://dearstephiiie.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tag! I have done a liebster award post. Thanks!

    Ayesha
    Defining Me
    Bloglovin|Google+|facebook|pinterest|Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! I answered your questions here:
    http://redrubyross.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html
    Love, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice and beautiful blog ! I want to invite You to mine , ! Maybe you wanna follow each other ? If yes follow me and let me know ! I will do the same as soon as it possible :*

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC